Address Check processes are available with subscription credits.
Note: Salesforce State and Country/Territory Picklists must be enabled to use Address Check.
- You can choose to map Address Check processes with custom fields in Salesforce by creating the related mappings before creating processes (see Creating an Address Check mapping with custom fields).
- When ready to create an Address Check process with default mappings, go to Creating an Address Check process.
Creating an Address Check mapping with custom fields.
Besides default mappings, you can choose to map DQE One Address Check processes to custom fields of your choice in Salesforce:
- In Mappings Tab, click on New.
- In New Mapping screen.
- In DQE_Mapping Name field, enter a free-form name for the mapping.
- In Description field, enter a free-form description of the mapping.
- In Process kind field, select the Address check process.
- To keep default mapping, just click on Enabled Mapping > Save.
For customizing the mapping for each Salesforce address field of your choice, go in its picklist > Select the field of your choice > Click on Save.
The newly created mapping displays in Mappings Tab.
Creating an Address Check process
For creating a process, you need to define its general settings and its source.
Advanced options are optional.
- In Processes tab, click on New
- Process creation screen displays
- In General Settings window:
- In DQE-Process Name field, enter a free-form name for the process.
- In Data Quality Process field, select the process category in which process is created.
- In Description field, enter a free-form description of the process.
- In Source window:
- In Select a Data Source field, select the Salesforce object to which process must apply.
- Process creation fields displays.
- Note: for adding data sources to the same process, once you have set-up a first data source, click on + to add another data source and set it up as follows.
- In Mapping field, select the mapping of your choice.
- Note: optional step for custom fields in Salesforce only, if any previously created in Mappings > see Creating an Address Check mapping with custom fields.
- In Account, in Select a field, select the record set to which process must apply.
All related fields are autocompleted.
- In List View window: select the preferred list view from the Existing List View section or to create a custom list view, in Add new, select Manually Created List View. The Recently Viewed screen related to the object displays.
- Click on setup icon > select New in picklist.
- In New List View window, enter a free name for the list view;
- The API name is automated in List API Name field.
- Select who can see the list view > Click on Save;
- Once a manually created list view has been created, it displays in Existing List View picklist.
- Note: a manually created list view limited to Only I can see the lust view is recommended for individual work and testing on the process.
- Once you have defined general settings and a source for the process, you can activate advanced options:
- For overriding initial address data by DQE process run result, tick Auto Merge Addresses.
- Define the number of processed records per batch, in Maximum Record per Batchable, enter the amount of your choice.
- Limit the number of processed lines for test purpose, in Max Records Process (for each type), enter the amount of your choice (e.g. 10).
- To Launch an additional process when current process is run, in Trigger After Finish field, select the next process you want to launch.
- Once your process is set-up, select ‘Save’ or ‘Save and Run’.
- The newly created process displays in Processes Tab.