For creating an Email Check process, you need to define its general settings and its source.
Advanced options are optional.
- In Processes tab, click on New.
Process creation screen displays :
- In General Settings window:
- In DQE-Process Name, enter a free-form name for the process.
- In Data Quality Process, select the process category in which process is created.
- In Description, enter a free-form description of the process.
- In Source window:
- In Select a Data Source, select the Salesforce object to which process must apply.
Process creation fields displays.
Note : to add data sources to the same process after setting up your first data source, click on + to add another data source and set it up as follows.
- In Mapping, select the mapping of your choice.
Note: optional step for custom fields in Salesforce only, if any previously created in Mappings > see Creating an Email Check mapping with custom fields.
- In Select a field, select the data set to which process must apply.
All related fields are autocompleted.
- In List View window:
DQE One uses Salesforce List Views to determine which Salesforce records will be evaluated when verifying email addresses. If you would like to query a subset of your database rather than the entire Salesforce database, include filter criteria in your list view to limit the data being queried. For example, you may wish to only review records owned by a specific user or of a specific record type.
DQE One also uses List Views to determine which fields will be displayed in your results. You will want to include fields that assist you in verifying email addresses.
Salesforce List Views are limited to 15 fields so, you may want to remove specific fields in favor of fields of greater value in verifying email addresses.
The Existing List View displays default and custom list views, select the list view of your choice. To create a new list view, use standard Salesforce capabilities.
To create personalized list view per your target filter criteria:
- Select the object for which you want to view process results.
- Click on column setup icon > select New in picklist.
- In New List View window, enter a free name for the list view.
The API name is automated in List API Name field.
- Tick who can see the list view > Click on Save.
Manually created list view displays in Existing List View picklist.
Note: a manually created list view limited to Only I can see the list view is recommended for individual work and test on the process.
- Once you have defined general settings and source for the process, you can activate advanced options:
- To parse data in small packages (makes processes more efficient), in Maximum Record per Batchable, enter the amount of your choice.
- To limit the number of processed lines for test purpose, in Max Records Process (for each type), enter the amount of your choice (e.g. 10 or similar small amount).
- To launche an additional process when current process is run, in Trigger After Finish field, select the next process you want to launch.
- Once your process in fully set-up, you must choose between saving it and not running it or saving it and running it:
- To save your process and run it > Click on Save and Run.
- To save your process without running it > Click on Save.
The newly created process displays in Processes Tab.
Working on an Email Check Process
For a created process, available options and menus are:
- Run Process : launches or relaunches a process (uses your available credits)
Run results are generated automatically.
- Creates Job from current setup > see Automating a Process
- Flush Results: deletes DQE results.
- Filters: filters the DQE code results.
- To view results and apply Salesforce filters, click on the List View name to open its dedicated screen > results display.
- Open Dashboard: generates predefined dashboards which are included in DQE’s install package.
Note : For creating your own dashboards, use the standard reports and dashboards Salesforces’ procedures, and use the DQE results Data Model.
- (No action available).
- Refreshes data results.
- Edits the unlocked fields.
- For viewing results and applying Salesforce filters, click on the List View name to open its dedicated screen > results display.
Editing an existing Email Process
To modify the parameters of an existing email process, you can:
- Edit your process: the available options depend on the process you selected > see Creating an Email Check Process;
- Delete your process;
- Change Owner select a user.
Note: editing or deleting a process does not delete related DQE’s results. For deleting results of an edited process, use the Flush Results icon .