Salesforce offers many standard buttons for list views, including many Mass Quick Actions. For example, on a "Leads" list view, the "Change Owner" and "Change Status" buttons are available.
You can also create your own custom list view buttons and add them to list views when your button uses the "List Button" display type.
The following example describes how to add a “Manual Merge” button to an Account list view.
From Setup, type Object Manager in the Quick Find or select it from the Setup Menu.
- Select the Account object.
- Select Buttons, Links, and Actions
- Select New Button or Link from the upper right.
Provide a label for your custom button such as “Manual Merge”.
The Name field will populate automatically.
For the Display Type, select List Button and toggle on Display Checkboxes (for Multi-Record Selection).
The Behavior should be set to Display in existing window with sidebar
The Content Source should be set to URL
In the Formula Editor:
Set Select Field Type to Account and enter the following text in the editor:
Your New Button or Link page should look like this:
- Save your Custom Button
- From the Object Manager | Account page, select List View Button Layout from the left pane.
- On the right side, click the drop-down button and select Edit
- Select or deselect any of the Standard Buttons to display on your List View
In the Custom Buttons section, select your newly created Custom Button and press the arrow key to move it to the Selected Buttons.
- Save your Account List View
Upon completion of running a Process for the select object, Accounts in this example, you will see a “Manual Merge” button on the right side.
To use this new button, see Performing a Manual Merge Using a Custom Button